The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Shredders & Gnarley Head Zinfandel



I’m sick and tired of cold weather and feeling rather rambunctious tonight, so I’ve put together music to match my mood. I can’t even begin to describe each guitarist, but all of them are icons of the business. Rather than write a lot of commentary, I suggest you crank up the volume and psyche up for the coming week.












The power of tonight’s music calls for a powerhouse wine. Last week I reviewed Brazin zinfandel, one of my favorites. Tonight, I suggest trying its little brother, the 2011 Gnarley Head Zinfandel ($10.00). While Brazin is considered a super premium Zin (although I bought it for $14.00), its little brother Gnarley Head is the largest selling Zin in the United States. It even has its own Facebook page in Sweden. They’re made by the same vinter so it’s not surprising that there’s a strong family resemblance.

Gnarley Head has wonderful aromas of dark berries and spice. It’s a mouthful of blackberry jam accented with vanilla and a peppery finish. It’s also 14.5% alcohol so don’t plan of leaving home after you try it. Instead, sit back, blast the music, and hope it scares the snot out of this linger winter enough to finally let spring arrive.

Cheers!

No comments: