The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Slide guitar & Saint Clair Sauvignon Blanc


I feel like a little slide guitar tonight, but with so many great players to choose from, I decided to listen to a few cuts from all of my favorites. I don’t need to elaborate because the music speaks for itself. Hope you had a great weekend and to help you slide into the week, I present the best of slide guitar. Enjoy!

Kirk Lorange

Roy Rogers

Derek Trucks

Sonny Landreth

Bonny Raitt

Warren Haynes

Duane Allman

Rory Block

Andrew Winton

Ry Cooder

Readers of this blog know that I love Sauvignon Blanc, especially those from New Zealand and tonight I’m featuring what I believe to be the best one I’ve ever tasted. The 2011 Saint Clair Family Estate Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Reserve ($20.00 at Costco) is pale straw yellow. The aromas of grapefruit, lemon, and honeydew melon will simply blow your mind. The taste bursts with more grapefruit and tangerine with crisp acidity and a long, lingering finish. I served it with grilled salmon marinated in an orange-ginger-sesame sauce and it was a fantastic compliment to the meal. It’s also a wonderful wine for sipping, which is what I’m planning on doing while I listen to some of my favorite slide guitar players. Try a bottle. I guarantee you’ll like it.

Cheers!

No comments: