The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chicago Blues & Pinot Evil Pinot Grigio


I’m going to do something a little different this week. Since I’m from Chicago and was raised on the blues, I’m doing a multipart series on Chicago blues starting with a video that includes the work of George Baze, Pistol Pete, Ron Hytower, Lonnie Brooks, Hubert Sumlin, Junior Wells, James Harman, and Magic Slim. I won’t give names, but I sat at the feet and played with a couple of the guys you’ll hear this week. There’s a full hour of music each night, so kick back, put on the video, and taste and see that Chicago blues is good!


You’re going to need a lot of wine this week so I suggest getting a 3 liter box of Octavin’s Pinot Evil Pinot Grigo. The wine is sourced from Hungary's Matra region, which lies northwest of Budapest and just southeast of Hungary's famed Tokaj wine region. The wine is pale yellow with a floral nose of tropical fruit and citrus. Crisp and refreshing with typical peachy, citrus flavors and a slightly sweet finish, it’s an easy drinking wine. It paired great with the butternut squash-black bean enchiladas that I made for dinner and it’s light fruitiness is a perfect match for a long session of Chicago blues.

Cheers!

No comments: