The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A really good Cabernet Sauvignon

Well, as times would have it, we had to buy a new car last Saturday. My car was just getting too expensive to maintain so we popped for a new one. Later, as I perused my local grocery store, I noticed a wine on the very bottom of the overstock clearance rack, tucked behind a load of beer cases yet to be unloaded. The wine was a 2002 B.R. Cohn Olive Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon priced unbelievably at $25.00. I say unbelievably because this wine usually goes for somewhere between $53.00 and $58.00 locally. B.R. Cohn has consistently produced premier Cabernets from the Olive Hill Vineyard. So, I says to myself, “Self, you just bought a new car. How about we celebrate?” I couldn’t resist so we drank it that night.

The bouquet is pure fruit with a solid dose of black cherry, French oak, and a hint of mint. It’s a luscious wine with flavors of cherry, berries, and cassis with nicely balanced tannins that don’t overpower. Good complexity with an elegant, long finish. It’s always a good idea to keep your eyes open for bargains like this. The B.R. Cohn was an incredible steal. I saw it tonight at my wine shop on sale for $50.00. The taste says it’s definitely a premier wine. If you happen to get lucky and see this one, grab it. You’ll love it!

Cheers

No comments: