The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shoo Fly Buzz Cut white

Shoo Fly Buzz Cut 2007: $10.00
Saturday, December 27th, it got up to 60 degrees in Chicago. Felt like spring, so what better time to try a new white. I’d been meaning to try some of the Shoo Fly wines from Australian winemaker Ben Riggs, and since I like crisp clean whites in the summer, I bought a bottle of his Buzz Cut 2007. It’s a blend of Verdelho (a Portuguese grape), Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc, and Riesling…interesting mix. The wine is a pale golden color with a complex bouquet of grapefruit, apricots, and something tropical that I just couldn’t put my finger (or nose) on. Very appealing. The first taste hinted of a bitter orange marmalade that progressed rapidly to citrus and tropical fruit with good acidity. Very clean finish. There is no oak in this wine, so if you don’t like oak (think chardonnay), then this wine is a good choice. I liked it alone, but it would probably stand up to quite a diverse range of foods. It’s not a wimpy white. Try it.

Cheers!

No comments: