The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rodney Strong Merlot

Rodney Strong Merlot Sonoma 2005 $15.00
Well, to quote my wife, “Wow, oh wow!” We love Rodney Strong wines. I daresay I’ve never been disappointed and they are excellent buys. This is a fabulous Merlot with bright fruit character of blueberries, cassis, and coffee in the nose. The taste follows the nose with added notes of vanilla and toasty oak. Very balanced wine with a long finish. Personally, I think this is one of the best value Merlot’s on the market. Merlot took an unfair beating in the movie, “Sideways.” Miles, the protagonist, distained Merlot in favor of Pinot Noir. Now, I love Pinot’s, but Merlots are very drinkable, and one of the world’s finest wines, Chateau Petrus, is a merlot. So “boo ya,” Miles! Gotta try this one. I think you’ll like it.

Cheers!

No comments: