The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Matt Schofield & Les Vignes de l'Aire Effet Papillon Cotes du Roussillon Rouge


Born in Manchester UK on August 21, 1977, Matt Schofield is the third in my series of “Blues Phenoms Born in the 70s”. As I said when I reviewed him in my August 29, 2011 blog, his earliest influence was his father’s blues record collection. He started out at the age of 18 as a sideman for harp player Lee Sankey then spent four years touring with David Bowie prodigy Dana Gillespie.

Guitar & Bass Magazine rates him in the top ten British blues guitarists of all time putting him in the company of Eric Clapton and Pete Green. Along the way, he’s played with Buddy Guy, Robben Ford, and several other blues guitar icons. His awards include British Blues Awards Guitarist of the year for 2010 and 2011, Mojo Magazine’s 2011 Blues Album of the Year, and British Blues Awards 2010 Album of the Year. As a matter of fact, his melodic, fluid style and voice remind me of Robben Ford, one of my favorites. Maybe that’s why I like his so much. I think you will too.


Tonight I’m recommending a wine from one of my absolute favorite winerys. Marjorie Gallet and her enologist husband, Stephane, the owners of Le Roc des Anges in France, make superb wines. In fact, I have cases of three of their wines in my cellar and tonight I’m reviewing their 2011 Les Vignes de l'Aire Effet Papillon Cotes du Roussillon Rouge. It’s deep red with aromas of raspberries and herbs. The palate is full of juicy dark fruit accented by crème de cassis and vanilla with mild tannins. And at $13.00 a bottle, it’s one of the best deals on the market. You can order it from Moore Brothers. Get a case and groove to the blues of Matt Schofield. It makes for a fine evening.

Cheers!

No comments: