The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blues & Slide guitar montage and some great summer Rose wine


I’m on a montage roll right now and having done an acoustic and electric collection of guitar greats, I thought tonight I’d hit one of my favorite styles, namely the pure blues and the slide guitar. Gotta start out with two ladies, who in my opinion, are two of the finest blues & slide guitarist to ever pick up the instrument, namely Bonnie Raitt and Rory Block. But the talent doesn’t slack off in the least with guys like Martin Simpson, Kelly Joe Phelps, Roy Rogers, and Ry Cooder. As I was surfing for their songs, I came across a very rare version of Robert Plant doing and acoustic version of “Whole Lotta Love,” in a blues style. Don’t miss it. Hope you enjoy these gals and guys as much as I do.

Bonnie Raitt
That’s just love sneakin up on you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfhyvjR69M

Rory Block

Kelly Joe Phelps
Down to the praying ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iasKATAEArA

Martin Simpson

Ry Cooder

Roy Rogers

Robert Plant

Since tonight’s the first night of summer, we need a classic summer wine to compliment some hot slide guitar, and nothing says summer better than a Rosé. Some may be under the misconception that a Rosé is a sweet, syrupy wine, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Rosés are full of strawberry and cherry fruits with good acidity. They are light and crisp, the perfect accompaniment to all kinds of foods. I was at the Society for Nuclear Medicine Meeting in Miami last week, staying at the Fountainebleau hotel, which, by the way, is a fabulous place to stay—great pool, beach access, and incredible restaurants. While I hung out at the bar late one afternoon working on my new novel and waiting for one of my research collaborators to show for dinner, I had a couple of glasses of a Palais Cote du Provance Rosé that reminded me how much I love these wines. This particular version was like a strawberry patch on the nose with cherry and strawberry fruit flavors complimented by a touch of orange citrus and vibrant acidity that led to a wonderful finish of fruit. If you haven’t tried a French Rosé, I strongly recommend you do so. They’re usually priced in the $10-$15.00 range which makes them a perfect summer wine suitable for something off the grill or just sitting out in the evening on the deck listening to some excellent slide guitar. Enjoy!

Cheers! 

No comments: