The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chickenfoot & Arista Toboni Pinot Noir


Chickenfoot is a supergroup made up of former Van Halen Band members Sammy Hagar (vocals) and Michael Anthony (bass), Guitar god Joe Satriani, , Red Hot Chili Peppers Drummer Chad Smith.  Hagar, Anthony, and Smith were fooling around jamming at a club when someone asked them when they were going on tour. They needed a guitarist, and Sammy wanted the best, so he approached Satriani. While each of them have their own careers, the main motivation for Chickenfoot is four guys having fun. As for their music, it’s kinda like Godzilla on Red Bull. Get ready to rock!


Haven’t posted for a while as I’ve been traveling and then caught a bug that’s had me down for a week. But while I was traveling, I tried a few wines that I probably couldn’t afford by the bottle. I got in late to San Francisco and the only place open for food was the hotel bar where I had a glass (actually two) of a 2006 Arista Toboni Pinot Noir ($12.00/glass but the bartenders were extremely generous with what they considered a glass. They were probably about 8oz each). The wine was a deep ruby red with aromas of cherry pie, vanilla, and a touch of cinnamon. Good structure with flavors of bing cherries that transitioned into darker berryland. The Toboni was silky smooth and a nice way to cap a long flight. However, I think I’m going to have to drink something with a higher alcohol content tonight to help kill whatever is living in my chest, sinuses, and throat. Maybe Cognac. Die you gravy sucking bugs!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Rick Daley said...

Good stuff! Have you heard Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats? They have some great funky grooves.