The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Third Crappy Wine

I had a senior moment this past weekend because I couldn’t remember the third crappy wine I suffered through. Then I found my notes had fallen under my desk. The third member of the bad category is a Nederburg Pinotage ($11.00), a South African wine.

Pinotage is a cross of Pinot Noir and Cinsaut. Apparently the South Africans call the latter a Hermitage. Thus, the name Pinot-age. Clever. It’s grown extensively in South Africa with small amounts in New Zealand and California. It’s flavour is often described as smoky and earthy. Quite frankly, this one had a distinct aftertaste of gunpowder. Ya know, like that awful smell on the Fourth of July? Even its bouquet wasn’t particularly pleasant. So, my recommendation is don’t waste your money. Instead, get yourself a bottle of Cartlidge and Brown Pinot Noir. You enjoy it!

Ciao!

No comments: