The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Friday, October 24, 2008

Boston Restaruants & Wine

Spent last week in Boston on business. Visited one of my favorite restaurants, Legal Seafoods, several times. Also tried Skip Jacks, another seafood restaurant that I can recommend. As a result, I’ve got a couple of new wines tonight.

MacMurry Ranch Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast, ~$16.00. Light in color with a nose of cherries and raspberries. Very light with notes of cherry, vanilla, and a touch of spice on the palate. Nice red wine for fish.

Reilly’s “Old Bushvine” Grenache, Clare Valley, Australia. $15.00. Very interesting wine. Dark red color. The nose is filled with strawberries. Dense wine with distinct notes of chocolate-covered strawberries and mulled fruit. Very nice. Would be an excellent winter wine for sipping by a fire or accompanying a steak. I’ve gotta find this one.

As I believe I’ve mentioned in earlier blogs, a good way to taste wines is through flights: 1 oz offerings of 3-4 wines. What is cool about some of these is that the wines offered far exceed what you’d probably spend on a wine. I had a Tawny Port flight at Legal Seafoods Restaurant last week that included a sampling of a $20.00 10-year old, a $50.00 20-year old and a $90.00 30-year old tawny…for $14.00. Excellent value and incredible wines. I’ll review them next.

Until then, Ciao!

No comments: