The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Friday, August 22, 2008

Back from Philadelphia

Just returned from Philadelphia where I spoke at the American Chemical Society meeting. Philly has one of my favorite places to browse & eat: The Reading Terminal. It's filled with produce, meat, and cheese shops, restaurant stalls serving everything from crabcakes to cheesesteaks, and my favorite, all kinds of wares from the Pennsylvania Dutch. If you want a good breakfast, get there early to get a seat at the counter. Everything from the bread to the sausage & bacon is homemade. And the bakery! I love their sticky buns. The Dutch are only there Wednesday through Saturday. Don't miss them.

Had dinner at McCormick and Schmicks. They have one of my all time favorite seafood dishes: grilled atlantic salmon stuffed with crabmeat and brie cheese! I had a New Zealand Marlborough Whitehaven Savignon blanc with it. Really nice citrus bouquet that explodes in your mouth with overtones of grapefruit. Really nice. I liked it as much as my favorite Kim Crawford.

Thank goodness it's Friday. I'm always wiped out after a trip. Time to retire with a glass of Kim Crawford Pinot Noir, a dish of Haagen Daz rum raisin ice cream, and the final edits of my latest book, Rise of the Fallen. Cheers!

No comments: