The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, & Victor Wooten and Duck Pond Pinot Noir


It’s Saturday night, so I though it was time to roll out this blog episode that I’ve been saving for a while. Three of my favorite bassists, Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, and Victor Wooten make for superstar lineup like I’ve never seen. Wish I could have been at the concert, but I’ll settle for the CD entitled Thunder. I would suggest you plug into a giant subwoofer and crank it to get the feel of the bass. The second tune, Thunder is a killer. Marcus Miller is the master of funk slap bass. And catch Victor with the wah wah pedal. I smile when I see six foot-five Stanley Clark playing a short 30-inch scale Alembic bass with his monster hands. All of them are incredible. Time to party!


I have to confess I bought this wine because the label was cute, but the 2009 Duck Pond Pinot Noir Willamette Valley ($22.00) is a great match for groovin to tonight’s artists. The nose is full of red fruit with plenty of floral notes. It’s soft and smooth on entry with flavors of cherry, cherry pit, and a touch of my grandmother’s lingonberry jam accompanied by a vein of vanilla. It finishes with cherry pie and mulled spices that seem to go on forever. It’s a very nice wine to go with three of my favorite bassists. Feel the funk and enjoy!

Cheers!

No comments: