The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Australian Reds

Hectic week following the Holiday, but it’s time for two new wines. I was intrigued by the Rosemont Cabernet from Australia that we had at my daughter’s wedding recently. As I said in my review, it was quite good and only 8.50 a bottle. Soooo, I bought a bottle of their Merlot and Pinot Noir to “taste” them out. One was good, the other just okay. First the good:

Rosemont Merlot, 2006; $8.50: Dark red color with a deep, ripe berry bouquet. Dark cherry, and plum predominate in the mouth with just a touch of oak. Smooth with a long finish. It seems to be almost chewy in the mouth and coats the glass as it’s swirled. For $8.50, this is a nice one. Goes good with spicy foods or red meat.

Rosemont Pinot Noir, 2006; $8.50: Lighter in color than the Merlot. Berries on the nose and in the mouth. A bit thin for my taste and initially had a slight alcohol taste. It was okay but if you’re exploring Australian reds, I’d recommend the Cabernet or the Merlot.

Coming soon, a little something that is usually out of the price range that I review, but since the characters in my book drink it a lot, I thought I’d do a bit on Cognac’s. There’s one in particular for beginners that I’ll recommend. Stay tuned!

Ciao!

No comments: