The Death Whisperer Series

The Death Whisperer Series
The Death Whisperer Series available at https://www.amazon.com/author/dmichaelolive

Monday, November 17, 2008

Winter red wines

Got a bit of catching up to do after all my traveling and my daughter’s wedding so I’ve got a couple of new wines for you tonight.

Rosemont Shiraz from Australia; $8.50: Dark red in color. Berries and spices on the nose. Viscous texture in the mouth. Blackberry and peppery spice notes. Fruity but no trace of cloying sweetness. Would stand up well to spicy foods, even pizza. I rarely find wines this nice for the price.

2006 Dolcetto “Remari”, Witness Tree Vineyards, Oregon; $25.00: I got this on sale which brought the price into my $25.00 range. I think you’ll normally find it for about $29-$30.00. According to the manufacturer, it’s a very limited bottling taken from a small half-acre block of vines. The Dolcetto grape is native to Northern Italy and results in a big, juicy wine. It’s great as a cocktail wine, yet its natural acidity lets it pair well with all kinds of foods. Dark red in color. Cherry and strawberry aromas on the nose. Big cherry and strawberry flavors in the mouth with a nice lingering finish. Really nice wine. We drank it to celebrate our daughter’s marriage.

Both of these are excellent “cold weather” wines. By that I mean on a cold winter night, light a fire in the fireplace, snuggle into your favorite chair with a good thriller (preferably one of mine) and enjoy a glass or two…or three, etc.

Ciao!

No comments: